I’m still so thankful to God for everything that’s happened in my life over the past few months. I spend a lot of time thinking about how much I could feel the Holy Spirit at WYD and what a beautiful, special feeling it was to go to confession and also to do Eucharistic Adoration with the Pope. I feel so close to my sisters and my parents as well. Finding my prayer group at the Cathedral, getting to know my wonderful parish priest and making some amazing new friends has been really special. Now I always look forward to Thursdays for prayer group! I remember one Thursday we had Adoration and we read a passage from the New Testament about the apostles being caught in a storm while in the boat and having Jesus calm the storm and I thought about how amazing it would be to have Jesus there with you. I immediately felt Jesus say to me "I am here with you now” and I felt so much peace.
… recently I said a Novena to St Anthony to find me Catholic friends and a Catholic husband. That night I met two wonderful Catholic friends. So far no husband though! I’ve started praying the Rosary daily and I love it, it’s my favourite prayer…
…I’ve just been on retreat and I loved it. I did Eucharistic Adoration in the middle of the night and I prayed especially for my best friend and my parents. I spent time reflecting on the woman in Luke 7 who anoints Jesus and it brought tears to my eyes. I feel like that woman.
One thing I’ve taken away from this retreat is the potential of finding a fantastic partner. There are so many handsome, strong and devoutly Catholic men here and I think God showed me that so that I could relax and know that my future spouse is out there and that he comes from a very special group of men. This has been very renewing for me and has made me smile many times the past few days. Thinking about how God has moved me in the past few months has got me wondering about how what he has in store for me, what is to come and what my real potential is. This weekend I met the Dominican Sisters of Saint Cecelia – Sister Mary Madeleine gave the most beautiful talk on Mary. Another talk this weekend was on the Bible – that’s my next big commitment. I’m really looking forward to reading it much more! One very moving thing about this weekend was meeting two young men who are about to enter the Seminary. I think they are fantastic role models and it was really wonderful to meet them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment